About The Brain Injury Association of NC
Who is the Brain Injury Association of North Carolina?
- The Brain Injury Association of North Carolina is often referred to as "BIANC."
- We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and an affiliate of the Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA).
- We were founded in 1982 by families and concerned professionals, who realized the need for more information, resources, training, and advocacy about brain injury.
- Our mission is to offer help, hope, and a voice for persons living with brain injury and their families.
How We Help
Where We Are & How to Connect with Us
The Brain Injury Association of North Carolina strives to create a better future for the approximately 208,000 North Carolinians living with brain injury through prevention, support, education, and advocacy programs.
- You can often find us at community events, hospitals, day programs, legislative buildings, senior centers, schools, law enforcement buildings, conferences, community meetings, and more!
The staff, Board of Directors, and volunteers of the Brain Injury Association of North Carolina are here to support you.
- We want to assist you with locating appropriate resources, advocating for access to proper services, promoting education about brain injury, or offering opportunities to feel a part of something bigger than yourself.
- We know that individuals living with brain injury, their families, and even professionals in the field may feel isolated, overwhelmed, or confused about how to navigate the challenges after a brain injury.
You are not alone. In addition to our online and community presence, the Brain Injury Association of NC has five Resource Centers throughout the State located in:
- Winston-Salem, and
Feel free to Contact Us and let us know how we can better serve you.