Weekly Statewide Online Brain Injury Support Group Meeting
- Meets on Zoom, Thursday at 3pm
- Co-leaders: Jordan Slade, Susan Fewell (919-618-3003), and Betty Lilyquist
Monthly Statewide Caring for the Carer
- Meets on Zoom, the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 11am OR 6pm
- Co-leaders: Susan Fewell (919-618-3003) and
Barbara Tibbs (252-847-2816)
Weekly Statewide Back 2 School: Brain Injury Education Group
- Meeting every Sunday at 12:00 noon
- Co-leaders: Susan Fewell and Cathy Hall
- Targeted members: Persons with Brain Injury enrolled in school or thinking of going to school or caregivers or professionals helping others with educational pursuit at all levels and fields.
Note: Due to Covid restrictions, Brain Injury Support Groups may not be currently meeting in person. Please contact the leader of any group that you are interested in below.
In-Person or Online Groups
Support groups vary in how they are organized and led. When you join a new support group, you may be nervous about sharing personal issues with people you don't know. At first, you may benefit from simply listening. Over time, however, contributing your own ideas and experiences may help you get more out of a support group. Try a support group for a few weeks. If it doesn't feel like a good fit for you, consider a different support group or a different support group format.