For information and question about voting in NC, visit http://www.accessthevotenc.org/vote/
For self-advocacy tools, information of the Americans with Disabilities act and more, visit https://www.disabilityrightsnc.org/getting-help/self-advocacy-tools/?_resource_topic=voting.
For voter aid and accessibility information, visit https://www.ncsbe.gov/voting-accessibility
For absentee voting options, visit https://www.ncsbe.gov/Voting-Options/Absentee-Voting.
For more tools and guidance visit http://www.ncvoterguide.org/.
How To Register
Registering to vote can be easy! There are qualifications needed to vote (age, citizenship, etc.) so be sure to visit www.ncsbe.gov/Voters/Registering-to-Vote for more information.
The methods of voting in North Carolina include:
- voting absentee voting by mail
- voting in-person during the one-stop absentee voting period (early voting)
- voting in-person on election day.
Also known as one-stop absentee voting, early voting allows you to register to vote and cast your ballot at the same time. Unlike on Election Day, when registered voters can only vote at their specific precinct, one-stop voting allows registered voters to vote at any one-stop absentee voting site in the county.
Find the early voting locations in your county at https://vt.ncsbe.gov/ossite/.
On election day, the hours for voting are from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Any voter in line as of 7:30 p.m. will be permitted to vote. On election day, voters should present to vote in-person in the county where you live (if you are already registered to vote in that designated county). Polls will open at 6:30 AM and close at 7:30 PM. Any voter in line to vote at the time polls close will be permitted to vote.
Find your polling place to vote on Election Day at https://vt.ncsbe.gov/RegLkup/.
- October 12th, 2018 – Voter Registration Deadline for most North Carolina counties.
- October 15th, 2018 – Extended Voter Registration Deadline for the 28 counties most affected by Hurricane Florence. Registrations submitted via mail must be postmarked by October 15th.
- October 17th through November 3rd, 2018 – In-Person Early Voting Period.
- October 30th – Last day to request an absentee by mail ballot.
- November 6th, 2018 – Election Day!